The Light Component adds a light source to the entity. The built in light types are Directional light, Point light, and Spot light.
All lights have the following properties:
- Color: The color of the light.
- Intensity: The intensity of the light (typically between 0 and 1).
- Specular: The intensity of the specular light (typically between 0 and 1).
When you edit a Light Component in Create you get helpful debug rendering.
A light that shines from a specific direction, not from a specific position. This light will behave as though it is infinitely far away and the rays produced from it are all parallel.
- Projection: a texture to project with the light.
- Shadows: Check to enable shadow casting from this light.
If shadows are enabled, you get the following options:
A point light shines in all directions from its location, within a given range.
A spot light is a point light that is restricted to shining in a cone shape. You can use the parameters in the Component to set the cone angle, penumbra and the range of the light.